Friday, December 13, 2013

Oh, the weather outside is frightful...

I finally was able to get out of the house yesterday!!!  

Our church has an event every year called the Christmas Store.  It is an outreach to the community.  Our church members make toy/bike donations and then we send out invitations to families in need and they get to come and "shop" for gifts.  It's actually free to them (which is awesome) and we get to share the gospel of Christ with all of these families.  It's one of my favorite things of the season.  I helped receive toys yesterday and I loved spending my morning that way.

I ran a few errands and then I went to the oncology center to visit with my friend Jenn for her last chemo treatment!  I'm so excited and happy for her!
I picked the kids up from school because we were on limited bus service and the drop off was farther away.  

We had gymnastics and then Tim took the boy to a basketball game and I took the girl to her choir rehearsal.   I helped with the Christmas store a little more and then I got to visit with friends that I haven't seen much lately. I've missed them!!!

On the way home from church, I stopped at Taco Bell.  While in the drive thru, I got stuck in the ice twice! Thankfully some guys behind came and helped me out!  

This morning we are having freezing rain and there are accident reports everywhere!  Our roads didn't all get back to normal yet, so this is definitely not helping driving conditions. Some of our side roads are still completely ice covered because the sun doesn't get to them to melt the ice.

I have so much shopping to do!  I need groceries in a bad way (seriously, the kids had very random lunches today) and I have to finish up Christmas shopping because my week is crazy busy and full next week!  I'm waiting a couple of hours and then I'm going to try and venture out!

I've also been hearing that we might get more winter weather in the next week or two.  Eeeeek!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing from you!