Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Giving Thanks #30daysofThanksgiving

I obviously have not been writing something I am thankful for everyday.  And I'm okay with that.  I've been busy living life and not feeling pressure to do anything I don't want to do!

So, on that note, today-

I'm thankful for slower days. This gives me more time. Sometimes I get so busy that I don't know if I'm coming or going. My calendar can get so full and I'm constantly writing myself notes or emailing myself so I don't forget things. 

I've learned that I don't like life like that. I know it's hard to avoid in this season of my life so most times I just hang on and try to do my best. 

I like that my calendar is more open this month. I have more time to be still and quiet and hear what God is saying to me. He has been saying a LOT lately. I go through periods where I feel like He is so far away (probably because I'm so busy) and then times like this where He is showing me something. It's so funny how He works in my life. It's not hard to miss what He is saying because I will see the same theme repeated over and over in so many ways. 

I love having more time to try and be a better wife/mother/friend/sister/daughter. I love the people in my life and I want to show them. When I am busy, that becomes so hard. 

I'm trying to focus on my home lately. We moved in here in February but there are still decorative and organizational things that I'm working on. Plus, I want it to be a haven for us. I hate coming home to a dirty, cluttered home. I get so crazy and overwhelmed. I'm working on strategies to keep it in more order (isn't it such an ongoing battle?!)

I want to enjoy the holidays this year but not feel so busy and over the top. I want to focus with my family on what the holidays mean. 


I want to have time to make goodies for Tim's co-workers. I just don't want to feel rushed. 

I want to be a good steward of our money and not just buy things because they are beautiful and Christmas-y. I don't want to go overboard on my kids. I want to buy them meaningful gifts - not just something that is popular, or a bunch of junk because it was in a $1 bin. 

I know I'll have to lean on God to keep some of these goals. It's so hard during the holidays to not get in the hype!!!! Not that we don't enjoy the holidays with a passion - we do!!!! 

I just don't want to miss the small and meaningful things that are most important!

2 comments:

I always love hearing from you!