Friday, October 11, 2013

a week in October

I absolutely love this time of year.  Our weather is perfect right now and we are enjoying all the fun things that come with the autumn season.

Tuesday was a normal day for me- Bible study and Tuesday folders. We also had B boy's parent-teacher conference.  It went very well.  He's doing awesome.  We are so, so proud of him!

Wednesday, I spent all day cleaning the house and then I had my monthly book club meeting at the Pressroom downtown.  I was happy to discover that they offer almond milk.  My chai tea latte was wonderful!!!

Thursday was one of those days where you feel that used every single minute of time in the day.  I had a BPTO meeting and after, I went to see my friend, Jenn at the chemo center.  She is such blessing and so funny!  I also had a lunch baby shower for my friend, Carol. These 3 ladies were on PTO at my previous school and we have become great friends.  We regularly get together for lunch and book club!
C Girlie had her weekly gymnastics and then we went home to get ready for the Costume Carnival at school.  They had such a good time!  There were so many games, a hay ride, treats, and B boy even got his hair sprayed green!!!

Today was our first day of October intercession (we attend a year round school).  I know it sounds strange, but I actually get a lot done when the kids are home.  I kicked my to-do list's booty!  The kids have been having a great day. They watched a show, folded laundry, picked up their rooms, got a reward to use the iPad, went outside, colored and played with play doh.  They were busy!  

I have had a deep need to have more simplicity/order in my life.  I have been an organizing fool lately.  I have been organizing files on the computer, photos, craft supplies, the pantry, my closet, the garage, papers, the kid's playroom, etc.  

We have a fun weekend- pumpkin patch today, Razorback game tomorrow, my nephew's birthday party Sunday and Turpentine Creek Refuge on Monday!  We are glad we get a day with Tim on Monday!  I hope you have a wonderful fall weekend!
a cool wagon at First Friday last week.
 I finally have time to get dressed and for the first time in my life, I'm trying to be somewhat "fashionable."  Of course, boots can make almost anything look good!
I'm very lucky to know so many sweet ladies!
 The kids costumes for the Costume Carnival and Halloween.  B's mask is so frightening!

1 comment:

I always love hearing from you!