Sunday, August 11, 2013

Turning 7 and 8 - Birthday Party 2013 {a princess & Superman}

Despite being in the hospital the first two days of the week, I managed to pull off the kiddo's birthday party.

Yesterday was magical, at least in my book.  
The kids were super excited about everything, it did not rain, I had everything ready before guests arrived, I got to spend time with family and friends, and the kids both got to have a school friend come to the party this year too!

We had a house-full and still had family that weren't able to make it (we missed everyone!).

I adore watching my kids get to be surrounded by so much love.  I wasn't around much family growing up, and I'm just so happy that they have this blessing.

The school friend that C Girlie invited was in her class in kindergarten and 1st grade and is now in her gymnastics class.  I wonder if they will still be friends when they are my age?!

B Boy's school friend is a church friend and this year, they both started new at the same school and play with each other everyday at recess!

So.....we had hot dogs and snacks, then we did the cakes, and then presents.  

Let me tell you about present opening at the kids' party.  Back when they were little, probably 3 and 4, things got a bit crazy. All you could see was tissue paper flying and no one could see what present was being opened or who it was from. It was nuts.  

Apparently, I'm a slow learner because I let that happen until last year.  I finally got fed up and had them open presents separately.  This year and last year went SO smoothly!

Anyways, it was a WONDERFUL party!  So, for all of my friends and family who could not make it, but still wanted to see pictures - this is for you.  A big gold star if you make it to the end :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing from you!