Thursday, August 22, 2013

That time when a post was random and you didn't know what to title it

I've been really enjoying this week.  Now, that I'm better, I can fully embrace having no kids home and almost 0 commitments.  When I do have commitments, it's mostly something I want to do.

Last year was so very different.  It was my first time having both kids gone all day, but taking on president of PTO took up SO MUCH of my time.  It really was like a full time job.

This time last year, I was in full recruitment and start up mode to build a PTO basically from scratch.

I am proud of everything the PTO accomplished last year, but I'm also very glad to have my free time back.

I am enjoying being home and being able to have the house ready for Tim and the kids when they come home. Life flows so much better this way.

I know that it must be so very hard for parents who both work.  I know that it is hard to do it all, and if you don't have a good support system, then things are probably more stressful and not as intentional.  I wish that every family were able to have the mother or father one be able to stay home.

I know how much planning goes into our days and I do stay home.  Life and kids and work and school and activities and church and the list can go on.  

I hope no one takes any of that wrong.  I know that a lot of families have to have 2 working parents. And I know that they are doing the very best that they can.  I just know that it is probably a lot of work and juggling to make everything flow, and that can be hard.

Or maybe it's just me, because I have a hard time keeping everything smooth without lots of planning and scheduling!

Anyways, I didn't really mean to get off on that path.  I have just been able to have real thoughts lately. It's amazing how you can let your mind wander and think without someone under your feet at all times!

This week has been a pretty big week around here.

B Boy was selected as student of the week for his class! The 1st one of the year!
I ate lunch with both kids on Monday.  It was fun and their lunches overlap, so we all 3 got to eat together for a bit too!

The kids started riding the bus home for the first time ever. They love it!  And I love not having to sit in the car line and having an extra 50 minutes every day to do things!
And, B Boy lost another tooth yesterday.  He explained something about someone tackling him and his mouth bleeding and the nurse pulling the tooth...  Boys!

I went through their baby things last night as I was dividing them for their own totes. It was so neat to see those things and remember back. It's also funny that you only seem to remember sweet and good things.  I'm so glad for that!

I'm having dinner with some friends tonight and I'm so excited!  It's been a little while since I've a GNO and we are going to one of my favorite restaurants - Tavola Trattoria!

This weekend is going to be a lot of fun too.  Our school is having a fundraiser called Wildcat Welcome. They are having tons of activities, games, food, sno cones, cotton candy, jump houses, alligators(oh my!), touch a truck, etc.  Needless to say, I think the kids are going to have fun.

We plan on getting to the Farmer's Market Saturday morning.  It's been a few weeks since we have been.  I'm hoping for breakfast out Saturday morning too!

We are heading to my friend Jennifer's little girl's 1st birthday party that afternoon!  I can't wait to see her!

AND, I'm really excited about going to the Frisco Festival! I love, love, love festivals and fairs.  I was so sad that we missed the Tontitown Grape Festival and the Benton Co. Fair this year. I don't think we've missed either since we've lived here :(

What do you have planned for the weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing from you!