Sunday, August 18, 2013

A little of this and a little of that...

So, we've had a week of celebrating these kiddos' birthdays.  They got a special breakfast on their birthday morning and they both got to pick a restaurant to eat at on their birthday night.  
It was a fun, fun week for them.

I took these photos Friday night as we were going for a walk in the neighborhood.
I try to get a good head shot of them around their birthdays every year.
I want to remember what their little faces looked like when they get older!
Tim has been super busy at work getting everything ready for the first day of school tomorrow.  He came home early on their birthdays but every other night he has been working late and working from home. He's even been working on the weekends for the past month. We are so ready to have him back home all of the time.

Friday, the kids were out of school so I planned some fun stuff since it was also C Girl's birthday.

Before we started our fun stuff, we met up with a couple of bloggers for lunch!
I got to meet the lovely Erin Branscom and Mary of Mary Organizes!

I have read Erin's blog for about 2 years, maybe a little longer.  I've always loved her blog and how she has shared tips on home organization, healthy eating, and frugal ideas for all sorts of things.

Erin introduced me to Mary on Friday and they are both so funny and wonderful! We had a great lunch and chat, and I wish we had tons more time to talk!

After we left the lunch, we met with April and Ryan at the Rogers Aquatics Center.  It ended up being a lot chillier than I thought it would be and the water was freezing!  We did stay a few hours and had a good time though!

Today was promotion Sunday at church.  Both kids promoted to the next grade level Sunday school.  It was a little more special for B Boy because he promoted from the preschool level of church to the grade school level, and he got his own "big boy" Bible!
It's a really neat Bible!
And for everyone who has asked or been wondering - I am feeling better.  This week was much better than last week.  Thank you to everyone who has been so kind to check on me.

I hope everyone has a great week and a great first day of school tomorrow if you are starting this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing from you!