Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Things I don't want to forget

My little buddy has been sick the past couple of days.  I've gotten to stay home with yesterday and today and C Girl is home today as well. It makes me miss the days I was home with them before they were in school!
I just wanted to share some things that I do not want to forget.
Last Friday, B was King of the day in his class.
He got this crown and all the kids in his class wrote about him and made it into a book for him to keep.
This kids have also started getting an allowance every week.
On Friday night, Tim took them to Walmart so they could spend a little of their money!
B Boy finished his first Sparks book on Wednesday night!  
We are so proud of him for finishing! 
He will start the next book in the fall.
I'm SO proud of all the scripture he has memorized, C Girlie too!
Tim took B to his tee ball practice on Saturday since I wasn't home from my girl's weekend yet.  
He said that B had a couple of plays where he looked like a major leaguer! 
Of course, there were also plays where he absolutely did NOT look like one! Ha!
After practice, I caught up with them and we went to the school near us (the school the kids will go to next year) to shoot hoops and play on the playground.
It was a gorgeous day, but extremely windy!
B Boy is obsessed with basketball right now.
He is also obsessed with country music.  
As soon as a song comes on, he knows what it is and he can LITERALLY sing every word.
Some of his favorites are Jason Aldean, Blake Shelton, Eric Church, Carrie Underwood, Kenny Chesney, Taylor Swift and Brad Paisley. 
C Girl had her first standardized test at school last week and she did great!
She is growing up so much lately.
Her true colors, lol.
She told us that a boy was picking on her during class the other day.
Tim asked her what she did about it.
She said that she didn't tell her teacher because it was something she could handle on her own.
gah, growing up I tell ya!
I adore the relationship between her and her daddy.
Big news- the training wheels have came off.
I repeat- the training wheels have came off.
However, we have a loooong way to go! Ha!
Flat billed caps are "in." Sigh. (obviously momma has tried to bend it...)
And please don't mind our grass. We are in the process of killing the weeds!
Spring!  Trees are flowering!!!
There is so much beauty in this world if you stop and look around.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing from you!