Sunday, May 27, 2012

the final bell

I stood outside the school for the final pickup of my kindergartner.
The final bell rang.
Shouts of exclamation rang out in the air.
I saw her teacher coming through the door and a sob caught in my throat.
The tears stung my eyes.
I couldn't talk to her teacher just then, I knew I would start sobbing.
We start to walk to the van.
Her principal stops us.
"She's a 1st grader now!"
Oh my heart!

So many more moments like this will be coming. I just hope my heart is ready.

1 comment:

  1. I know exactly what you mean and what you were feeling...I am the same when it comes to Leonie and all of her accomplishments. When I saw her riding on that horse for the first time, a tear or two might have rolled down my cheeks. Happy Sunday xxx

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing from you!