Friday, January 20, 2012

Waxing Nostalgic- the Paris house


I've struggled with what to write about this house. Not in a bad way, but in the way that I was afraid I wouldn't be able to convey how I felt during the time I lived there. 

I'm still afraid that my words won't completely tell the story. 

We moved to our Paris house in August of 2007. We sold our Dardanelle house in only 2 short weeks!  The frenzy to buy a house, sell a house, pack a house, sign papers and move with an almost 1 year old and an almost 2 year old was INSANE! I still remember how stressed I was. I did not think I was going to make it through that process. 

I did eventually make it through and we settled into our new home. 

There was something about living in the town I grew up in. I knew everyone,so it was not an adjustment moving there. Tim's job was amazing. It was little stress, he was home everyday at lunch and his drive home only took 2 minutes! 

The kids had so many milestones there and just the ages that they were while we lived there were just magical ages. For C Girlie- age 2-almost 5 and for B Boy-age 1-almost 4. The baby, toddler and preschool ages. They became best friends there. B Boy learned to walk there. They left their cribs and went to toddler beds. We had a playgroup and visited the library and were only 10 minutes away from my mom. 

Now, the house wasn't perfect when we moved in. It was very far from it. The first year we lived there we did so much work to that house. I personally (with some of Tim's help) painted every room of that house. We redid a bathroom. We closed in the garage. We completely re-landscaped the yard. We did electrical and plumbing work. It was a job, but it was our house and we loved it. 


This house is where blocks were played with in the big playroom, children ran circles around the dining room table,and the first fun Halloweens, Thanksgivings, Christmases and Easters were.   


It's where so many visits from "Aunt" Jessica happened.  Nights of being apart from Daddy, but watching American Idol instead with Jessica. 


We had so much backyard fun.  All of our cats were there. 


So many walks in the double stroller happened here.  We had a great little street with neighbors that kept mostly to themselves. 


These years at Paris were some of the best of my life.  I cherished every day watching my little kiddos grow up.  I went from being completely overwhelmed when B Boy was born and I had two babies, to being in a really good groove and routine as they got older.  It was easier to be in the moment and watch them play and learn together.


Not everything was rosy, as I went through a tremendous amount of health issues while we lived there, but the memories we made with the kiddos while they were small are priceless in my heart.

1 comment:

  1. It really is the memories that make a house a home, especially when those memories are connected to our children and their milestones. While we struggled with infertility and miscarriages I hated our house and told my husband I wanted to move. We began looking, but then we got pregnant and had finally had our little girl. My outlook has changed and now I love our home, where she took her first steps and made her first friends.

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing from you!