Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Our Favorite Meatloaf

This is the only meatloaf I make.  It is so good.  I grew up not really caring for meatloaf, but if I had grown up eating this meatloaf, it would have been a different story! The sauce really makes this dish!


Our Favorite Meatloaf:
1 lb ground beef
1 cup cracker crumbs(or bread crumbs if you like)
1 egg, beaten
1 6oz can tomato sauce
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup grated carrot
dash of marjoram
dash of thyme(I like a big dash!)
1 bay leaf, crushed
1 1/2 tsp salt
2 T chopped green bell pepper
3 T wheat germ(optional)
3 T ground flax seed(optional)


Combine all ingredients; mix well. Shape mixture in a loaf in a loaf pan- make meatloaf 1 inch small than dish all four sides. Bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes. Remove from oven and add sauce, then bake 10 more minutes.


sauce: 1/2 cup packed brown sugar, 1/2 cup ketchup, 3/4 tsp dry mustard, 3/4 tsp Worcestershire sauce.  Mix all ingredients together until smooth.
I forgot to take a picture until after we had devoured most of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing from you!