Monday, May 16, 2011

Eight Years

“A wife of noble character who can find? She is worth far more than rubies. She watches over the affairs of her household and does not eat the bread of idleness. Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her:”

Proverbs 31:10- 27-28

Wow! Just reading that makes me want to be a better wife and mother. 

Today marks the anniversary of 8 years of marriage for my husband and I.  It doesn't seem as though it has been that long!

I'm so thankful for my husband.  He is so wonderful to me.  He is an awesome father.  He provides for us so well.  He is hardworking.  He compliments me and makes me feel like a great woman.

I pray that I can strive to be a "wife of noble character."  What a blessing to be one!  I know in today's culture, a wife and mother are not something that most girls "strive" to be.  I know when I was in college, I was very career minded.  Since being married and having children, my priorities have drastically shifted. 

If it was not such a wonderful blessing, then what could this verse possibly mean?! It is more rewarding than anything else to be a wife and a mother.

I put massive amounts of work into these two jobs, but I also reap much blessings and joy!

So, Happy Anniversary Tim.  I love you more than you can imagine and I love being your wife and being the mother to our beautiful children.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing from you!