Saturday, January 15, 2011

Waxing Nostalgic Part VI

So, J moved out and moved into a house with 3 other guys in his fraternity.  I think there was a party there most nights.  I really hated that he wanted to move out, but I did what every girl who is in a relationship and wants to stay that way does- I dealt with it.    Things had been a little rocky for awhile and we had even separated for a little while, but we always seemed to get back together.

I was really wanting the relationship to work out.  I had hopes that we would graduate college, get jobs and eventually get married.  Looking back, I really wish that I had not been focused on always being in a relationship.

That May, I went to a party with my friend Karri.  She had friends in another fraternity.  Some of those guys used to play football together and went to a party at the house of their former coach.  This is where we ended up that night.  That former coach turned out to be Tim Sparacino.  I remember that night very well as does Tim! We were immediately into each other. That night, he snuck into my heart and hasn't left since.  

I think during that time, J and I were not together.  We would be off and on through the summer and fall.  The reason?  He wanted to live life and enjoy all college had to offer and I was a complete different story.  I had already enjoyed a lot and was still enjoying it a lot, but I was also ready for concrete plans for the future.  He, was not.  I saw Tim a few times over the summer at his house for parties and such.  I knew that he cared about me and I really liked him, but I was still so committed to my current relationship.

Anyways, that fall marked the beginning of my senior year in college.  I was still waitressing at Dixie Cafe and working through work study in the college's athletic department.  The athletic department was a way cool job.  I met lots of great people, learned a ton of stuff and went to a lot of athletic events.  It was mainly office work, with some work at nights and on weekends.  I loved it though.  I also loved working at Dixie Cafe.  I met a ton of great people there as well.  It was probably my favorite waitressing gig that I had had.  

J and I were together and even went on some trips in March, May and September of that year.  Things were changing though. 

The changes started to come in November.

to be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing from you!