Wednesday, December 8, 2010

things

It's a funny thing about getting older.  For me, it has hit me all at once.  One day, I'm just going about my day and then the next day everything changes.  People you have always had start getting older and passing away.  Life changes.  I've started thinking about my life and mortality.  It is something I'm ready to get past.  But then, I'm afraid it is going to keep happening and how do you deal with losing so many people throughout your life that you are close to? 

Another thing that has happened lately is due to my own stupidity.  I had resized some of our family pictures and failed to back up the original.  I now have a period of two years that are resized but that's it.  So, it's not horrible, but I definitely lost quality on those pictures and that makes me sad.  Plus I have to rescan ALL of our old family pictures again which makes me feel overwhelmed.  I feel busy all the time anyway and now I have yet another project to take up more time.  I have decided to try and not get so worked up about it though and just try and take it one day at a time.

Christmas preparations are coming along pretty well.  I have most of the shopping done, just a few things still need to be picked up.  I've really enjoyed shopping this year since I did not get to do much due to my surgeries last year.  Plus, going shopping is easier when you are closer to the action!  The kiddos and I are going to go through their toys today and pick out the things they no longer play with so we can make a trip to Goodwill.  I have a lot of stuff I have sorted out to take.  We are also going to start getting our Christmas cards ready to go out.  Saturday I'm helping wrap presents for our church's Christmas store.  Parents get to come and "shop" through the new toys that have been donated.  The kids helped me pick out the gifts we donated this year.  I've been trying to teach them how fortunate they are and how many children do not have near as much if anything. 

The kiddos are to the age where they are really getting into all the Christmas shows and movies on tv.  C Girlie sat and watched the entire Polar Express the other night.  We do let them believe in Santa but we teach them that Santa is a man that brings presents and why do we have presents?  Because we are celebrating the birth of Jesus!  Are we right or wrong for letting them believe?  I don't know.  It was something that was part of Tim and I's childhoods and we have passed it on.  They know the story of the Nativity and they love giving gifts also.  So at this age for them, I feel like that is great.  I hope they always carry on the joy of giving, because that is what is so special about this season.  And it should be carried out throughout the year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing from you!