Monday, June 21, 2010

Cereal Time

It's a tradition in our family, a "system" we like to call it.  Cereal time.  Everyone has their own kind, mommy cereal, daddy cereal, etc. You get the point.  Sometimes they want milk with it, sometimes they don't. We all dig in with gusto.

I'm reminded of college days, coming home at 1 or 2 am and finishing the night off with a bowl of cereal.  Now, I have passed it on to my children.  We reflect.  We laugh. We talk about the day.  It is a time of togetherness and family.

We change up the kinds we eat; we try new things.  We find what our favorites are.  I hope the tradition will continue; be passed from my kids to their kids.  Who wouldn't want to continue a tradition of family and food?

We go to bed full. Happy. Loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing from you!