Saturday, February 20, 2016

What We Ate

This post begins with our meals starting from Wednesday, February 11th.

That night, we had salmon cakes. I need to share this recipe soon. With it, we had steamed broccoli, Cuties, and two kinds of fries. Both kids used to love salmon cakes, but C Girl is firmly anti them now. It makes meal times interesting when kids up and decide that they now hate something that they have always loved.
Thursday evening was a date night for Tim and I. I didn't get a picture of the delicious chicken nuggets and macaroni and cheese that they kids ate. Instead, here is a picture of what I ate!
Friday night was homemade pizza night! This is how I do a pizza for the girlie and I. She only eats cheese pizza and I eat pizza with everything but the cheese. I do another pizza like mine but with cheese for the boys. I use this pizza crust recipe and it is amazing and easy. 
Saturday evening, we decided to celebrate Valentine's a little more with ribeyes! With them, we had sauteed mushrooms, baked potatoes, roasted asparagus, and garlic knots. Tim has perfected cooking steaks inside in a skillet!
I know this is a terrible picture, but the roast was excellent! We had roast with carrots and potatoes on Sunday and Monday evenings.
We were out of town on Tuesday and Wednesday nights. Tuesday night, we stopped in Russellville and ate at our favorite - Taco Villa! The next night, we ate in the hotel. We stayed on the top floor of the Doubletree so we had the perks of having breakfast and dinner cooked for us. Lasagna, vegetables and bread was on the menu Wednesday night!

We wanted something quick when we got home around supper time on Thursday night. We had chicken fried steak patties, instant mashed potatoes, and salad. This is a picture of my plate. Everyone else's meal was slathered in white gravy!
Friday evening, I made a double batch of Taco Soup for us and for a friend's family. Her husband just had surgery to remove a tumor from his spine and life is going to be a little difficult for them over the next couple of months. I know how much having a meal prepared for you means and I love to be able to do that service for others.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing from you!