Friday, September 18, 2015

Hey friends!

Hi friends! How have you been? Things are going pretty well here. The weather has been extremely beautiful. I have been feeling really good. I had a 6 month checkup for my Crohn's yesterday. Things are going good. My Humira is helping me so much and the diet changes I have made help so much too. 
What we put in our bodies affect them more than we realize. I'm trying to put good things in that I know will help and heal my gut. It takes a lot of thought and effort to be mindful of everything you eat (especially when you go out - that's been SO hard!)

I've started walking once a week again with my friend, Berkli. 
It feels good to be active again.

Saturday morning, we ventured out to the farmer's market.
B Boy got to meet Superman!
 It was also the World Championship Squirrel Cook off!!!
I had to take my Sissy Girl to the vet later that morning. She has some gum infection and is going to have her teeth cleaned (and possibly a couple extracted!) soon.
Poor girlie.

 Later that afternoon, we sat down to watch the Hogs play Toledo. I don't have much to say about this game. It was such a shocking loss :-(
 I put a pork shoulder roast in the crockpot for carnitas tacos. It was SO good!
 Sunday night activities started back at church on Sunday. The kids are excited to get back to GA's and choir (C Girl) and RA's (B Boy)!

On Monday, I met some friends at Pei Wei for lunch. It has recently opened in our area and I have never eaten at one so I was very excited to try it. It was SO good!!!
That afternoon, The Pioneer Woman, Ree Drummond was at our supercenter signing books and meeting fans to launch her new line of dishes. I did not get to stand in line (it was soooo long!) but a good friend got to meet her and her husband!
My mom bought the kiddos scooters for their birthdays and they have been riding them almost every single day until then. I love that they love them and it is so good for them!
On Tuesday after Bible study, I had to go grocery shopping. Besides that and my doctor's appointment yesterday, I have mainly been home this week! It's been so nice and I have been painting a desk for C Girl's room. She is absolutely thrilled about it! It's a cute desk, but it was a not-so-pretty green color when we got it. I will do a before and after of it soon.
I've also been listened to the Undisclosed podcast.
It is not affiliated with Serial, but it is 3 lawyers discussing the same case.
I'm obsessed!!!
I hope you have a great weekend!
Go Hogs! I hope we win tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing from you!