Monday, September 2, 2013

Labor Day Weekend

Happy Labor Day!

I hope you've had a great weekend!

Mine has been great minus a little bit of not feeling well.

Friday night, we rented Redbox movies. The kids watched a movie in the playroom and Tim and I watched "42" on the bigger screen!  It was such a great movie!
Saturday was the first Razorback game of the season!  It was 96 degrees with a heat index of over 100 degrees. I tried my very hardest to prepare for the heat.  

I honestly thought the kids would be through long before Tim and I.  That is not how it played out.  First off, we were running later than we ever had for a game.  We were in the line for our gate when the team ran out.  At least we got to see it on the Jumbotron.

I sweated more than anyone, I think.  I learned that I am a back sweater.  I really don't like to sweat.  I remember sweating that bad at Disney World last July.  I then ate a piece of beef jerky and it did not set well with the issues I've been having.

We decided to leave at halftime and we went to Applebee's and watched the remainder of the game.  It was so great to be back in the stadium and to see everyone excited about the new season/new coach/new team.  I think we played great and had a great win!

I am sad that I cannot tweet at all during the games.  It just spins and spins when I try :-(  I guess they can't handle the number of people on their phones?  Does anyone else have this trouble?

Yesterday, we drove down south to visit Keith, Jessica, and Parker.  I wasn't feeling the greatest yesterday, but it was still so great to see them. I still can't believe that it has been 3 years since we moved away.  However, we do what it takes to stay close!

Today, we are hanging out at home.  Even though it's Labor day, there is still labor happening here- cleaning house, laundry, mowing, etc.

This week, our fall activities at church all start back up.  It will be busy, but fun!  I'm super excited about this coming up weekend- more on that later!

Here's to a 4 day week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing from you!