Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Today's thoughts

So, I'm gonna be really honest for a minute.

I'm the kinda of person who always says, "great!" when anyone asks how I am doing.

BUT, it's not always the truth.

A lot of people have asked me that question lately.  Those who have asked that in the past 5 days have sadly, been lied to.  

I guess, it is just ingrained in me to answer that way. 

I haven't felt really great since Friday.  I'm pretty positive that it's the same kind of thing that I was in the hospital for a few weeks ago, although it's not quite that serious yet.

I'm not telling all of this to get a pity party.  I have just been really down and I know it's because I haven't felt well, and because I've been taking on sadness this past week.

When you have more time to think, you have more time to feel.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Last night, I went to my first Northwest Arkansas Bloggers Meetup! I haven't been able to make one before, so I was really glad to get to go last night!  We met up on the patio at Houlihan's. 

Out of everyone there last night, I had only met Heidi and Bethany previously.  It was great to meet Logan, Terra, Deb, Jody, Becky, Monica, Janeal, Dana, Angie, Jodi, Sarah, and Jamie. I hope I didn't forget anyone- there were a few people I never made it over to say hi to :(

It is neat to meet people that you interact with online and some that you read their blogs or they read yours.  

It also sometimes feels weird when people say that they read my blog! ha! 

I've been thinking a lot lately about what I write here and why I write.  This blog has always been my journal and a place to record family memories.  

I was reading my friend, Branson's blog the other day and she really struck me with something she wrote- 

"I guess I am truly blogging for ME(which let's face it...no one really does completely or we wouldn't blog, we would journal)."

And that is true.  If I did not care about people reading or making connections, I would just open up Word, type how I felt and save to my documents.  

It's not so much that I want everyone to read my blog, but I do like making connections.  I love people I have met through blogs and Twitter.  I consider them friends, the ones I have met, and the ones I have never met.  
It's a strange world we live in these days!
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
I'm signing off because my goal for the day is to clean this house!  Wish me luck!  I tend to get ADD and never finish anything because I go off to another room and start something else!

4 comments:

  1. Nice to meet you last night! I hope you'll keep coming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think when we spoke at church Sunday, that we probably both fibbed some about how we felt. I too have been going through something on the physical side of things the past week, that was resolved yesterday, and not necessarily in the manner I wanted. It was nothing life-threathening or even bad, but it was on my mind. It was something I wasn't ready to mention during prayer requests though.

    Instead, I connected with three wonderful friends I made years ago through blogging. We live hundreds/thousands of miles apart, but when we need prayer, to vent, and to just have a praise report. We've been together through five pregnancies, a miscarriage, bed rest, depression, illness, you name it. The connections we make through blogging can be very, very real.

    That said, I'll put you on my prayer list. I hope things don't get as bad as they did a few weeks ago, and I hope you're feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so sorry for whatever you are going through. Sometimes, it is easier to talk to close friends, rather than to make things public. Thank you for praying for me. I appreciate it a lot!

      Delete

I always love hearing from you!