Thursday, June 20, 2013

A stirring

I wrote this last night after a hard day and wasn't sure if I would post it or not-

Today did not rank as one of my best days. 
There were physical/hormonal issues that contributed to my state of being today. 
I was grumpy, impatient, and irritated at most things. 
I wish I were better at being a person who does not wear their emotions on their sleeve. 
I wish I had more patience. I wish I didn't snap or yell. 
I just read news of someone who passed away and was really pretty young-51. 
It snapped me back to reality. 
I just see how quick life passes, and how quick things can change. 
I pray for God to help me LIVE and be His servant and not someone focused on me or my own shortcomings. 
I pray for God to help me to LOVE and to give GRACE and MERCY to others. 
I know I need grace and mercy everyday, so I need to be doling it out too. 
I want to be a blessing and not a burden.

This morning I read this post of Kelly's.

After that, I saw this post from Jenn.

And then I saw this post from Ann Voskamp.

I've also read posts by two other bloggers in the past 2 weeks, one of which had a recent huge transformation by God, and the other is just so honest and real about who she is as a  person and as a Christian.

I've felt a stir in my soul for several years.  I know that things are supernaturally happening. What they are, I have no idea.  God is preparing people for whatever it may be though.  I feel that certainty in my bones.

I want to be prepared.  I always question whether I am prepared and what am I doing that is God's will.  

I need to stop questioning so much and just seek Him.  

I think we try to figure things out too much.  I just don't think most of it is ours to figure out.  Am I on my own with thinking that?

I also think that we get bogged down thinking about so many bad things happening and we don't always focus on the good and what God is doing.

Will this be a revival of Christianity, true Christianity?  Not the Christianity that the world sees or  how they view Christianity, but the real thing.

Don't you wish everyone could experience the true-ness of it and not what they see displayed in media?
"But in your hearts honor Christ the Lord as holy, always being prepared to make a defense to anyone who asks you for a reason for the hope that is in you; yet do it with gentleness and respect," 
1 Peter 3:15

I feel like I am rambling, but I felt like I needed to share all of this.  

Let's pray together and for each other.  

I feel like something we need to be prepared and to support each other, especially as women.  

We are the ones raising this next generation and I think they will be doing great, big things.

3 comments:

  1. Ahhhh! Is it weird that I'm so very excited to see what God's been up to? I am praying for God's anointing on this generation, and I'll be adding the revival of true Christianity to that prayer too. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post. I'm right beside you, friend. I know God is moving our generation for such a time as this. It is amazing to see how His love and His Church is moving...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now days Business Phone Service come packed with a lot of features. You can basically customize your business phone service to fit your business needs. When you see the features, you will know how your current phone system is not good enough. I have been using hosted pbx from Telcan. With this business phone service, I can customize the welcome greeting, route calls to multiple numbers, even program what phone number to call at what time, have a professional voicemail, get my voicemail emailed and the list goes on. It is very easy to set up using wizard. Check out Business Phone Service

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing from you!