Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Fearlessly

There are so many other things that I want to blog about right now-


  • how much of an honor and privilege I feel that it is to be able to live in a country where we can VOTE.  How much I feel like it is our civic duty.  
  • Taylor Swift's new CD.
  • the devastation of hurricane Sandy.  It's unreal.
  • how my eyes are being opened to how many needs there are all around me.

I probably will blog about most of these things eventually, but not tonight.

I watched a video in Bible Study today.  The speaker was Louie Giglio and the event was Passion 2012. 

It could not have been a more perfect message for me to hear.

I don't know about you, but I was always raised to "pray for the will of God in my life," and to "pray for what my calling would be," and "am I in the PERFECT will of God?"

For so long, I have cried out to God "why don't I know what I'm called to do!"

I'm gonna go ahead and throw this out there, but my life was changed today.

To just give the short of it, we are in God's will where we are.

We are not all missionaries and evangelists and teachers. Some of us are just moms, and doctors, and bankers, and even Nascar drivers (his words, not mine!).

The verse he quoted was this- 
Ephesians 6:19
New International Version (NIV)
19 Pray also for me, that whenever I speak, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel,
Wherever we are and whatever we are doing, Lord, when I open my mouth, will you give me words to fearlessly proclaim the gospel?!

In the place where I am.  To the people that I come in contact with everyday. To my children. To my family-

Lord, give me the words to fearlessly proclaim the gospel and do Your will.

1 comment:

  1. So true! You're an awesome Mommy, wife, and friend! Just as God called you to be. So proud to call you my friend! Love ya!!
    ~Kelly

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing from you!