Saturday, August 18, 2012

Fall is in the air

I definitely feel fall in the air.

The weather has been much cooler here this week and I can feel a slight crispness.

**

Football is here!

Two weeks from today is the first Razorback game!

And we are ranked No. 10 in the country in the pre-season poll!!!  GO HOGS!

**

School starts on Monday.

Today, I decided to do a little more school clothes shopping thinking it would take me an hour, tops.

Hahaha.

The little boys clothes were cleaned out!

All I wanted to get was a striped polo type shirt for B Boy for Monday morning.  That proved very hard to find.  Apparently, every mom had the same idea!

We finally found one and got the kiddos some really cute new shoes.

**

Last night was open house at the school.

Both of my babies had teachers to meet!  Well, B Boy actually knew his teacher because it is the same one that C Girl had last year!  We really liked C's teacher too! I can't wait to get to know her!

The PTO table was a huge success!  We had LOTS of parents interested in helping out this year!  I was so nervous getting everything ready, but with a little help from a former member, we got it worked out!  It's just going to take time to be at the school and learn where all the PTO stuff is, but I feel much better now about it.  Having lots of support always helps.

Our open house was great!  We had the superintendent, the director of communications, Rep. Tim Summers, and a board member present.  The cafeteria was PACKED for both sessions!  Everyone is so excited about the grants Mary Mae has received for this upcoming year- 21st Century Learning, the Leader in Me, and breakfast in the classroom!

Also, C Girl lost another tooth last night while we were at Red Lobster!  7 now!

Here are pictures from the night!
***and yes, my kids names are on here, but Google can't read that(at least not yet!).  But, I did block out teacher's names for a little privacy, lol!
The kiddos with THE Ms. Mary Mae Jones!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I can't believe summer's over and school is starting for you guys! I remember your pics of the last day of school and now here you go again!
    Lovely photos! xxx

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing from you!