Tuesday, August 7, 2012

a trip and thankfulness

I got home yesterday from a 5 day trip to Texas to visit a dear friend of mine, Kelly.  Kelly and I have been friends since the fall of 1999 when I started ATU that fall.  We worked at the same restaurant and ended up living in the same dorm!

A lot of changes have happened in both of our lives since that time, but we have remained close friends.  I talk to her almost daily! Unless her hubby is in from his job! 

We try to make annual visits to go see them and they have made trips to come and see us.  Last year, we weren't able to visit each other, so it had been 2 years since we had seen each other and since our kids had been able to see each other.  Her daughter is only 4 1/2 months older than mine! And her son is 2 years younger than mine.  

The three older ones were like the 3 Musketeers! They had a blast together!
A neat park we visited made out of nothing but wood
Just a little Bed, Bath and Beyond shopping
 They did LOTS of dressing up
They got to feed Magic the bunny
 AND, we had some sickies.  My kiddos got vomity while on the trip.  It was awful and as Kelly can attest, I'm not a vomit cleaner upper.  Tim has always been around the few times our kids have thrown up, and he jumps in and saves the day every time.  I was seriously gagging myself when they were sick, so THANK YOU Kelly!
 Also, my husband has been working SO hard this summer. He is the most stressed I have ever seen him from work things.  We are so thankful that he works so hard at his job to do a good job and to provide for us.  We are proud of all that he does.  However, I will be so glad when this current project is over!  We are going to have to take him on a little vacation!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing from you!