Sunday, May 6, 2012

A busy, fun weekend

I thought I would share a picture of the yummy cake that I made Tim for his birthday. 
He loved it :-)
Friday ended well with a cute little cowboy/cowgirl party at preschool
 And a haystack ride
We had an awesome Saturday. We got up early to go visit our local farmer's market.  I love it so much. It was the very first activity we did upon moving to Bentonville almost 2 years ago. 
We got C Girlie a cute flower for her hair for Razorback games and we picked up some new potatoes to eat with our steaks we grilled Saturday night.
B Boy had a tee ball game and Uncle Keith, Aunt Jessica and baby Parker came to watch and to visit. 
B's neck was hurting so he didn't end up playing the entire game, but we had an amazing visit with family.
 Did you see the "super moon" Saturday night?
This morning, we got up and went to Sunday School and church. 
Russ Lee from the Christian group Newsong performed and shared his testimony and it was awesome.
Our youth minister baptized his 6 year old daughter this morning. It was so wonderful to hear the story of how she came to ask Jesus into her heart.  Of course, I cried.
I have such a desire to see both of my children make that decision for their lives.
That is the prayer deep in my heart right now, that God will show me and lead me with what to say to help them understand (the best I can) what it all means.
Make their hearts tender to You, Lord!
This afternoon, we headed to Beaver Lake to do a little more exploring. We found a little nature trail to walk on.
While there, we encountered a red-headed woodpecker, deer, tons of butterflies, pine trees that were literally creaking in the wind (I've never heard that happen before!), a lizard with a blue tail, and speed boats out on the lake!
 Red headed woodpecker
Lizard with blue tail
It's teacher appreciation week at school starting tomorrow and I have to be at school really early!
It's going to be an extremely busy, but very fun week!
I hope you have a blessed week as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing from you!