Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Lenette's Homemade Chili

Chili.


It's the perfect food for fall, football season and winter.  And chili dogs. And frito chili pie.


Here is my recipe that my husband LOVES.  We never make any other recipes for chili. Well, except white chicken chili.
Into a crock pot, add 1/2 green bell pepper chopped and can of tomato paste.
I was making a double batch, so I had an entire green pepper and 12 oz of tomato paste.
1 can of red kidney beans.
1 can diced tomatoes; I like these.
 1 can pinto beans.
1 packet chili seasoning.
Saute onions to cook with the beef.
I forgot to get a picture of the meat cooking...
Add garlic.
Add beef/onion mixture.
Cook and then enjoy!
Recipe:
1 lb. ground beef, browned and drained
1 can diced tomatoes
1 medium onion, diced and cooked with beef
1/2 green pepper, chopped
1 can red kidney beans
1 can pinto beans
1 can tomato paste
garlic to taste
1 package chili seasoning


Mix all ingredients together in crock pot.  Cook on low heat for 6 or more hours

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing from you!