Saturday, July 9, 2011

Fishing and Farmer's Market

Today we got up at the "butt crack" to do one of Tim's favorite pasttimes, fishing.  I had never fished in my life until Tim took me after we were married.  I enjoy going, and even doing a little fishing myself!  You will not, however, ever see me touching fish or live bait.  Now, our kiddos have a love of fishing. 

Going fishing as a couple and going fishing as a family are two completely different things, though.  Don't get me wrong, we do have a lot of fun.  However, our time consists of baiting hooks, casting lines, watching bobbers, reeling in lines, baiting hooks, casting lines, watching bobbers, etc.  You get the point!  And this is not even our poles, but the kiddos' poles!
Today wasn't too productive of a trip but we did catch one blue gill bream, two "limb bream" and a fishing pole!  The rod and reel that we caught is actually still working so Tim is going to clean it up and use it!

Bentonville lake is right beside our little airport.  It was fun to watch planes take off and land!
By the time we were done, it was only 9am, so we grabbed some breakfast and then headed to the farmer's market.  We picked up some tomatoes and cucumbers.  We already cut a few up to make a yummy tomato cucumber salad. 

Here's the recipe:

Tomato Cucumber salad

2-3 ripe tomatoes, chopped
3-4 small cucumbers, sliced
1/2 onion, diced
2 T vinegar
drizzle of olive oil
1 tsp sugar
salt and pepper to taste

Combine veggies and other ingredients, mix together. Chill and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing from you!