Thursday, July 7, 2011

A Day in the Life, Wednesday July 6th

I have seen this type of post many, many times but I have just never felt compelled to do one.  Recently, a blogger I follow did one and it really made want to document our days.  I wish I had blogged when the kids were babies.  I still remember how days went back then, but I don't always remember how I felt.

So, I may do these type of posts now and then to document the common, ordinary things we do!

So, here we go- Wednesday July 6, 2011

Today was Tim's first day back to work since last Thursday (it was like a second vacation!), so he was up at 6am and I think the kids were up shortly after that.
I couldn't tell you for sure though, because I did not get up until 8ish. If you know me, you know I'm not the most chipper person in the morning!

I made my morning cup of coffee and starting making some oatmeal.  I usually don't make breakfast right off the bat, because I like to drink my coffee first, but I was really hungry this morning!

The kids were watching their morning shows and came to eat their oatmeal too.  We had to start getting ready for swim lessons at 10:30 and a picnic/playdate afterwards.  I sat and read Twitter, Facebook and email while drinking my coffee.  After that, I swept the kitchen and picked up some things and made sandwiches for the picnic.  It's kind of stressful sometimes getting myself and the kids ready and getting everything ready to get out the door.  Today didn't seem too bad though.

We went to swim lessons and tomorrow and Friday are the last two days of our two week session.  I think the lessons have been great for the kids.  C is still having a really hard time with putting her head under water and jumping off the side to the instructor.  I know what it is like to have a fear of water so I do empathize with her.  I just want both kiddos to know how to swim and to have fun in the water.  I don't want them to grow up with a fear of it.  It was really hot at lessons and I tried to read a magazine.  I'm glad they are only 30 minutes!

After lessons were over, we drove around the park to the play area to meet our good friends April and Ryan.  We are so lucky to have such great friends up here! When we first moved up here, it was hard not knowing hardly anyone, so it was nice to have a familiar face! We had a nice little picnic and great conversation and the kiddos had a blast playing as always. 

On the way home, I returned a call from my very dear friend Kelly who lives in Texas.  We met in college and have been friends for over 10 years.  She has been such a blessing as a friend.  We caught up about our weekends, kids and stuff.  It is always so great to talk to her!

When we got home, the kiddos asked if they could get in the pool so I let them get in.  They were out there for a good hour or hour and a half!  While they played in the pool, I turned on the computer to catch up on Twitter, Facebook and working on posts for my blogs.  I got a few set up for my Techie Mommy blog and I started working on this post.  I also snacked on some crackers and was still sipping on my coffee and a glass of water.  I did a few chore now and then also.  I also swept the dining room floor for the second time of the day.  I organized the pantry, folded a basket of laundry, cleaned up the kitchen and started getting things ready for dinner.

After the kids got out of the pool, I made them a snack of apple slices, vanilla yogurt and a leftover pancake.  After that, they both laid down for a nap.  Yay for lots of outdoor playtime to wear kids out!

They got up from their nap around 4ish. B had wet the bed, so I had to deal with that and then he threw a 10 minute fit because he did not want to wear the clothes he had been wearing earlier in the day. After all that, they both played in C's room while I cut up the veggies for dinner.

Tim got off work at 5 and was home by 5:15.  He changed clothes and helped me cooked the vegetable stir fry.  I have to say, I LOVE the smell of sesame oil! It smelled so good in here, I wish I could send the smell out to you guys!
Broccoli, zucchini, yellow squash, carrots, bean sprouts and water chestnuts=yum!
After our scrumptious stir fry, the kids got back in the pool and Tim decided to go for an hour walk. I can't convey how much I love that pool.  They have spent HOURS in it this summer.  It's too hot to go outside and swing and play in the sandbox, but it's not to hot to get in the pool!  I sat down to write some more about our day and enjoy a strawberry shortcake :-)

I would normally be working on my menu plan, grocery list or checkbook, but all of that stuff is up-to-date! wow!

We grew these in our garden...
....so Thursday night, BLT's are on the menu!!!

I also tweeted some more.  I do that a lot. And sometimes I am just there lurking.  Gasp! You know you do it too!

Jessica called tonight too and I loved getting to talk to her! They are busy getting things ready for Parker's room!

After Tim got home from his walk, we drug the kids out of the pool and started getting things ready for bed.  I love listening to Tim read stories to the kids and it is the most PRECIOUS thing to hear them sing songs at bedtime!

Mom called tonight as well and I talked to her for a few minutes.  I am really tired tonight so I didn't talk long.  I'm about to brush my teeth and hit the bed.  We have the kids in bed and hopefully they will stay there!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing from you!