Monday, April 18, 2011

Our Weekend

Friday night was Parent's Night Out at our church.  Since we are new to the area, this is only the second one we have taken the kids to.  They love it!  My stomach was having have some terrible issues Friday (gotta love IBS), but I thought I could stick it out for our date.  We went to Outback, but by the time we finished, I was ready to go home.  Tim brought me home and we hung out for awhile before he went to pick up the kids.

Saturday was a great lazy day.  We were going to take the kids to Razorfest, but it was pretty chilly and we thought it would be nice to hang out at home together.  I know they will get enough of the Hogs this fall.  We finally bought season tickets to the football games again this year!  We decided to hardboil some eggs Saturday afternoon and dye them.  The kids just LOVE all of our holiday traditions!!!
Saturday night Tim had to chaperone prom, so I stayed home with the kids and got some things on my to do list accomplished. I even stayed up and made a lasagna for us to eat after church Sunday!

Sunday morning we got up early and headed to Palm Sunday service at church. (We got up and ready and out the door in less than an hour!) It was a beautiful service.  I love our church and the choir/orchestra/singers are awesome!  We even had some ladies that did a performance using different bells.  It was so beautiful!  I love the Lenten season so much.  It is a wonderful time to personally reflect on your faith and renew your relationship with God. :-)

 After church, we decided to do something we haven't done in a while----SHOP!!!
We spent a good 5 hours shopping and stopped by our new TCBY for a yummy treat!  We found a lot of good things we wanted on our excursion.  It was a gorgeous day and it was great to spend time with my awesome family.

Today is a special day for my good friend Jessica.  Today is her birthday! HAPPY BIRTHDAY JESSICA!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing from you!