Sunday, January 23, 2011

Waxing Nostalgic Part VIII

That night I drove to Tim's house.  Thanksgiving night 2002.  I guess you can say that is when we started.  Tim and Lenette.  And so, a new chapter of my life began.

We began seeing each other all the time.  Emailing a million times a day.  Calling each other all the time.  He wrote songs for me.  It was such a great time.  He was living with a roommate at the time and we all had such a great time together. 

A lot of people in my life were shocked a bit.  I had been with J for over 2 years and now I was already in love with someone new.  Someone who was also 16 years older than me.  But I didn't care.  I was in love.

The first time I met Tim's family was Christmas that year.  I think they were pretty shocked too.  Christmas was at Tammy's that year.  I was so nervous meeting everyone.  But I felt so at home.

Tim and his roommate Rick went to the Music City Bowl right before New Year's.  The Razorbacks were playing the Minnesota Golden Gophers.  I hated that I had to work and could not go with him.  Rick's girlfriend and I drove to Memphis to meet them for New Year's Eve.  We had a blast that night!  It was so fun sitting at the restaurant, listening to great, live music, being with friends and snuggled up to my love.

January began the next day.  2003.  I remember us eating at On the Border the next day and writing Happy New Year 2003 on a napkin.  What a year that would be for me.  For us.  So many things were about to happen.  Things I could not begin to imagine.  Just like what Tim always said to me....I love you more than you can imagine. 

to be continued...

2 comments:

  1. Awww, that was a sweet post! May the happiness continue!! Found your blog via twitter...I'm at http://hungrigyrl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! Thanks for following! I still have a lot of waxing nostalgic to do, so I'll keep you posted. I'm about to check out your blog too!

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing from you!