Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Waxing Nostalgic Part VII

So, November 2002.  It was the end of my last fall semester.  My friend Amber had won KFSM's Youth Talent Contest and won the opportunity to sing at the Jim Stafford Theater in Branson, Missouri.  My friend Karri and I made the trip up to Branson to watch her performance.  Her performance was two days before Thanksgiving that year.  Amber did a great job performing and Karri and I had a great time in Branson shopping and hanging out.  While we were out shopping, I got a call on my cell.  It was Tim.  He was calling to invite me out to dinner with him and some friends at Romedio's, a local bar/restaurant, that night.  I was so excited.  I had butterflies in my tummy. 

I had recently ended things with J.  For once, he was seriously not taking it well. Probably because I was the one initiating the split.  He seemed to realize that I was really serious. 

So, Karri and I finished up shopping and drove back home to get ready to go out to dinner that night.  That night was amazing.  Every time we ever spent at Romedio's was always fun.  (The building is still there, but it has been sold, renamed and remodeled.)  Tim and I had such a great time flirting and spending time with everyone.  I was still unsure of what my next move would be, but I was having a great time.

The next day was Thanksgiving.  I was supposed to spend it with my family.  I actually can't remember if I went home to Mom and Dad's that day or not.  I do remember that J called me that day begging me to come drive 2 1/2 hours to his parent's house where he was for the holidays.  Maybe it was because we had been together for 2 1/2 years or maybe it was how desperate he sounded on the phone, but I gave in and made the drive.

As soon as I got there, I knew it had been a mistake.  The whole time I was there, I was miserable.  We drove back to his house in Russellville that night.  I remember that drive.  I did so much thinking.  I was still so torn about everything.  I remember praying to God for Him to give me some sort of sign to help me to know what the right decision for my life was.  I remember standing outside of J's house that night at my car still praying.  It was dark and I was looking at the sky.  As I was standing there, a shooting star streaked across the sky.  Right then, I knew.  That summer while I had been Tim's, we all had seen a shooting star.  It had been one of the first time's in my life that I remembered seeing a shooting star. (I can't even tell you how many shooting stars we have seen together since then :-))  When that star shot across the sky on that Thanksgiving night, I knew what I was supposed to do.  I got in my car and drove to my destination....

to be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing from you!