Friday, December 31, 2010

The end of a year

I woke up this morning with a severe case of mama bear instinct.  B came in our room and for some reason I felt that I needed C in there too.  We went and got her and about 5 minutes after we all laid down, I noticed that it was lightning.  I had no idea that it was going to storm, but I knew it was warm outside, so I got up to check the weather.  KFSM updates Twitter very quickly, so I quickly learned that we were under a tornado watch.  A few minutes later we were put under a tornado warning and not long after, the sirens began to go off.  Thankfully, we did not have much more than severe thunderstorms here, but a tiny town southwest of us was hit by a tornado and there were 3 fatalities.  It is so scary enduring this weather sometimes.  My heart goes out to those who live in the community of Cincinnati, Arkansas.

Well, it's the end of another year.  It was a year with ups and downs for me.  I guess most years are like that though.  I had a great year up until the last 3 months that were quite filled with sadness, so I am very excited to see what 2011 has in store!

Oh! I forgot to post on here that I received word that my cat, Koonta, does not have cancer!  She has an inflammatory disease in her mouth that they are treating with steroids.  I was so relieved!  I wasn't ready to get such news about my cat!

I hope everyone has a wonderful New Year's Eve and New Year's Day!  We are taking the kiddos to their first Razorback basketball game tonight and then coming home to toast the new year in!  Tomorrow will be the normal traditions for us- football, Daddy's famous creole black-eyed peas and being lazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing from you!