Tuesday, November 30, 2010

You are not forgotten

It seems over the course of this year that I have seen so many families in need of prayer requests.  Most of this comes from facebook.  It is so easy now to know what everyone is going through.  I have prayed many prayers for these families and I know that we have had many prayers for our family during our difficult times.

What has been grieving me lately is how quickly we forget about these families that we prayed for right at their time of need.  I'm not in any way talking about anyone not thinking about my family.  I'm specifically saying in general that most folks do not continue to think of or pray for these families once the immediate time of crisis has passed.  But these families are still struggling and hurting.  Pain has not gone away.  Their bodies are still healing and their hearts are not even close to healing. 

I have had strong burdens on my heart to not forget people after the immediate crisis.  I have not forgotten you.  I am still praying for you.  The families who cancer has ripped it's way through, you are still in my thoughts and prayers.  The people who have experienced other sickenesses and wrecks, you are still in my thoughts and prayers.  Those who have went through divorce or had family trouble, you are still in my thoughts and prayers.

My family is still grieving.  We have lost two great women in our family.  We are grieving but we will get through this.  We will stay close.  I pray for my family everyday.  If you feel a burden to pray for us, then I thank you.  Prayers lift people up and God hears our prayers. 

I pray for everyone to have a blessed holiday season.  I know for some it will be difficult and down right impossible.  I pray that next year will be better.  I remember last Christmas how down I was.  I had 3 surgeries from October to Christmas Eve.  I could barely function at my family's Christmas get togethers last year.  I just wanted a new year to start and my body to be healthy.  So far this year, I've just had some aches and pains.  In that, I have been blessed.  Now I have a hurting heart to contend with.  I know as 2011 dawns with fresh promise, I will begin to heal.    So, I pray for needs and pray that I won't forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing from you!