Thursday, June 24, 2010

Cannonball Read- Book 47

Ahh, the vampire craze.  Seems like everyone is into it.  This is my 3rd series of vampire books to read.  I previously read the Twilight series and the Vampire Diaries series.  These books here are the Southern Vampire Mysteries, aka the Sookie Stackhouse novels, aka the books that the TV series True Blood was based on.  This series is definately more "grown up" than the other two.  It has sexual and violent content, so if you do not read things of that nature, then I would not read this book!  The main character, Sookie, has a "gift" that other people do not have and most do not understand.  It drives her crazy most of the time, but it also can be helpful occassionally.  The vampires are known about during this time.  It is said that they just have a "virus," so they have become more socially accepted.  Sookie meets a vampire and begins to have a relationship.  Bad things begin to happen in her town; people get murdered.  Whoever it is, is also after Sookie.  You'll have to read the book to find out who it is and if Sookie survives and how things go with her and her vampire.  I think it was a good book and I was very surprised at some of the twists and turns.  I'm about to start book two and I'm wondering what will be in store for Sookie next.
Rating: B+

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing from you!