Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Cannonball Read- Book 43

I had a request to review this "bookapp" for my other blog

Firstly, this was my first time reading a book on my iPod Touch.  I wanted to start with a little on this experience.  At first, it was very difficult to get into this book because I am such a conventional book reader.  There I said it.  Yes, Ms. Techie Mommy likes real books.  The ones you can hold in your hand and turn the pages yourself.  I don't know why, but I am.  So, once I got past that, I was ok, for the most part.  Except at night when you are tired and you really don't want to look at a screen but you really want to read.

Secondly, on to the book itself.  I really liked the book. It is a cute rendition of life on the "mommy track."   It was very humorous and I could relate on so many levels with the things that she wrote about. I especially related to the part about beating ourselves up over our job performance.
"We overanalyze things we said to our children, things we did, what they ate, punishment dealt too heavily, too lightly, the jumping on the bed we overlooked just to get a minute free to go to the bathroom alone."

I loved the "personalness" of the book. I loved reading the stories about her family and just how she felt in general. It's a great book for moms-to-be, stay at home moms, working moms, and any woman in general!

Rating- B

Find out more about Sleeping with the Laundry here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing from you!