Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Vacation Bible School and other things


















































































































The top photo is C Girlie at the summer reading program at the library.

The next two are from the cookout for Keith's unit that the FRG put on for the end of their summer training. The power was out from the storm and it was HOT!

The rest are of Vacation Bible School this year at our church. I helped with the songs for the Pre-K. It was a lot of fun, but let me tell you, I have never been soooo tired in my life! I don't even think I was this tired when the kids were newborns! I was taking a nap everyday! I got up very early and spent all morning corraling kids and jumping and singing with them. And not just kids, preschoolers!!! It was soo much fun thought and when they got in front of the church on Friday night to sing their songs, thdy did so good! I'm so glad that I was able to help this year.

I also got to visit with Amber, my best friend from high school, and her new baby Kacey! C Girlie and B Boy had lots of fun this week. B Boy stayed with me through the day, but he got to interact with all the kiddos that came to my classroom.
This past Saturday night we went to a birthday party for Isaac Pohlmeier. He is the son of my friend Erin who I met at the library. They are going to be moving very soon and we all are going to miss them. The kids love playing with Isaac and his baby sister Clare.
Sunday was Father's Day and I got up and made Tim breakfast and we gave him his Father's Day gifts. Later that afternoon we went to see Pop Pop (my dad) to give him his card. While we were there we got out in the garden a little bit. Sunday night I had to work in the church's fireworks tent and it was soo hot. I am so spoiled to the AC now. I have a couple of more shifts to work in it, and I know it is just going to get hotter!
Last night we watched another movie as a family! It is so nice to be able to start doing this. We watched "A Night at the Museum." The dinosaur skeleton scared C a little at first but when it started behaving like a dog, she thought it was great!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing from you!